Peanut butter brownies
A few days before or after christmas -I wouldnt even know anymore- me and my friend decided to make something.. Anything! Since I brought along a few books with stuff we could bake and one of 'm is totally dedicated to brownies (and everyone loves brownies!) we decided on that one. I might be a bit overreacting when I say my friend started drooling as soon as he saw this recipe, but we very soon decided we would make THAT recipe!
So off to the store we went, for our ingredients!
100 gram milk or dark chocolate
175 gram unsalted butter
3 large eggs
200 gram cane sugar
120 gram flour
2 tablespoons cacao powder
180 gram peanut butter
50 gram sugar
1 tablespoon flour
5 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons roasted, unsalted peanuts
chocolate chips (if wanted)
1. Start with double-boiling the chocolate in a small pan. When it is melted, add the butter and mix well. Take the pan off the fire when everything is melted and mixed and put it aside.
2. With an electric mixer mix the eggs until stiff in a bowl.
3. When it doesn't seem to get any stiffer, add the sugar spoon by spoon and keep mixing well between each addition.
4. When you have added all the sugar, you're going to have to do the same with the chocolate! Add it spoon by spoon and keep stirring well inbetween.
5. Sift the flour and the cacao above the mixture and pour it into a brownie tin. Make sure to grease or line it with baking paper first!
6. Just mix all the ingredients, except the peanuts, together in a bowl. Preferably with an electric mixer, just because that's way easier!
Peanut butter brownies:
7. Use a spoon to put little 'dots' of peanut butter-mix onto the brownie mixture in the tin. Make sure to equally spread them and to use all the peanut butter-mixture!
8. With a knife, or the same spoon, spread the mix out a bit and mingle it a little with the brownie-mixture.
9. Sprinkle the top with peanuts and chocolate chips, if desired and put it in a preheated oven of 180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit and leave it for about 30 minutes or until done. You can poke a foodpin or fork into the brownie to see if it comes out reasonably dry.
10 Done! Let's eat!
We loved these brownies! They were absolutely awesome!! I thought it was a bit weird when the peanut butter-mix had to be put on top and mixed in with a knife. It sounded so awkward I had my doubts. It turned out very well though, better than I expected. The brownies were, needless to say, gone in no time!
Thanks again, to my beloved friend Shawn for the pictures!