What does your home taste like?
Sometimes I feel the world has lost touch with it's roots. We're combining goat's cheese with caramel and roasted strawberries in a cheesecake (I made that once), but nobody seems to remember how to make an original pound cake (hint: it's a pound of every ingredient). People buy fig bars with cacao and pistachio's, but need to rely on their grandmother for a real apple pie. When did we loose touch with our roots?
So that's what I blog about: basic recipes, techniques and traditional food from all over the world. I love exploring different cultures, eating habits and food traditions from different countries. On top of that, I want to focus on the sweet side of life.
I'm Siv. I'm a 20-something just-out-of-uni random woman, who loves to bake and play around with her camera and learned to do that aalll by herself *proud*. I don't like to talk about myself much, but I'm assuming you're here to learn 'about me'. So that leaves me no choice. I'm about 1,62m
"There’s a whole world of food out there"
A few random facts about myself:
- I tend to charge into doors (curse the man who invented doorknobs & locks. So useless!)
- I like sparkles, but not bling. (Not everyone get's the difference.)
- Most of my conversations on a daily basis happen in my head. (No comment.)
- I recently became lactose-intolerant and I've always had IBS. (And I keep forgetting!)
- My autograph has a circle around it, a line under it and a dot at the end - this presumably means something about screaming for attention. (Oh yoohoo~ I'm here!)
- I love saying "RAWR~!". (It usually means 'Hi!' and 'I love you!')
- Lastly, I daydream of becoming a superhero and saving the world.